Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

DOMS, with many lifters, is a love-hate relationship. The sore muscles that inhibit basic everyday activities can be really annoying, but in your mind you know it was an effective workout. I have been on a journey on ways to alleviate the pain and quicken recovery. I have found that the day after when you are really sore, do very light weight on the muscles worked. So for legs, body weight squats help get blood flowing to the legs to speed up the process. Also a calorie and protein surplus will help the body recover the quickest. Then you can foam roll. While this is the most painful, it really works. I actually did this to my legs this morning and hopefully I will be fresh for tonight's workout. Foam rolling sucks but is very effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment